NIJ Level III+ steel plate armor . (Made in the USA)
Protects from AR-15 and AK-47 Ammunition. Easily inserts into your backpack or luggage for maximum protection. Convert any lightweight soft armor bulletproof backpack into a high velocity protection device.
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability - passed NIJ 0101.06 6 shot stand alone tests against 5.56 M855 M80 ball (greentip) at 2800fps and 5.56 M193 55 Grain FMJ at 2900fps. In house testing defeated 30-06 165 grain copper tip trophy.
- Listed on the Department of Justice NIJ certification website.
- Level 3+ plates are manufactured from a proprietary steel reaching Brinnell Hardness ratings in 600 - 630
- Base coat is fully encapsulated with 40 mils to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat
- Spall coat ( build-up) is 250 mils thick on strike face
- Laser cut
- Simply Stronger, Thinner and lighter that the competition
Our new proprietary steel core is far stronger than the AR500 - AR650 steel core. This core is hardened all the way through unlike the AR500 - AR650 which is only surfaced hardened. At only 0.197 inches thick nominal makes it 20% lighter than the AR500 and superior in strength.
Our build-up spall coating is done with a Graco EXP-2 which is the top of the line high pressure heated coating system. Our plate core is chemically washed and etched on the strike surface to eliminate the coating from delaminating when shot which keeps the shrapnel from escaping from the armored assembly
Tactical Scorpion Gear 10 mm Trauma Pad
- Custom made , computer cut on triple axis CNC router machine to perfectly match our armor plate
- Will absorb the impression of any projectile impact onto the armor plate protecting your ribs from the compression
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic resistance of Body Armor.**
We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our Steel core products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser There is no equal method
Plasma cutting cuts slowly, this puts a lot of heat into the steel. ( Submerged plasma cutting machine is no better) This excess heat can result in excessive chipping and damage near the cut edge during use and easily shattering when shot. Plasma cutting generates large amounts of heat that is deposited into the target, softening it's edges. The heat-affected zone (HAZ) generated by plasma cutting is the largest out of the most commonly used methods for cutting abrasion resistant steel. Most AR500 is cut with plasma cutters as they are cheap and relatively small compared to other methods.
Here at Tactical Scorpion Gear we manufacture our own vest carriers, Kevlar level IIIA vests and all our products. We have every item listed in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
Tested by HP White laboratory
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.6251/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS
Level III+ lightweight base coated